I have a huge announcement today, folks. I have a book coming! It’s called The Colette Sewing Handbook!
I’ve been so jittery and nervous to announce this, I can’t even tell you. I’ve worked so hard on this project and am so incredibly proud of the result. It was a complete and total labor of love.
I decided to keep it (relatively) under wraps until now because I though the surprise would be more fun and exciting. But now I have tons of stuff to share with you about what it was like to write a book like this, and I am going to be talking a lot about that in the coming months. I’ll also have plenty of tidbits and photos from the book to share, plus fun stuff like giveaways and freebies, so stay tuned!
Seriously, I am extremely excited about how this book turned out. It’s just a lovely, lovely sewing book.
I’ll also probably be asking for your help in getting the word out about it. My patterns have only been successful because of you guys and the incredible word of mouth you’ve provided. Honestly. I don’t spend money on advertising, because I think actual people spreading the word is a lot more effective. Well, that and I don’t have any budget for it. So I’m sure I’ll be coming to you for help.
About the book
The book will be available in November, so perfect for holiday gift giving and receiving!
I’d say the book is meant for beginner up to intermediate sewists, though of course even experienced sewists will enjoy the lovely patterns and beautiful photography. Seriously, the book is really, really pretty.
Here’s a description:
Five simple fundamentals can help you perfect any sewing project: a thoughtful plan, a precise pattern, a fantastic fit, a beautiful fabric, and a fine finish. With these five core ideas, The Colette Sewing Handbook shows you how to start sewing the wardrobe of your dreams.
Includes five beautiful patterns for modern classic pieces, including a scalloped-hem skirt, flutter-sleeve blouse, sweetheart neck sheath dress, asymmetrical flounce dress, and a lined dress with gathered sleeves. Each project will help you put the fundamentals into practice as you sew.
- Approachable and easy to follow. Instead of a big, confusing catalog of sewing techniques, you’ll build your knowledge gradually around the five simple fundamentals. A section of basic sewing lessons means you’ll never feel lost.
- Hands-on learning. Start improving your skills immediately by applying each of the five principles of the book to a beautiful project, included in the book.
- Feed your creativity. Have more fun designing sewing projects for your personal style, and create the things you’ll actually love to wear!
- Feel more confident. Gain the know-how to work with any sewing pattern out there.
- Look great in what you make. Become your own custom seamstress and hand-tailor clothes that fit you the way you want.
- Get inspired by fabric. Expand your creative palette and get the look you want by choosing the best fabrics for your projects.
- Perfect the details. Make clothes you can be proud of with beautiful finishing techniques.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about it? Let me know in the comments and I’ll be sure to answer!