This week Sarai had to rush to fit in some last minute work before her much anticipated trip to Stockholm and Copenhagen. She’s over there now exploring and having a good time.
The rest of the week I was by myself in our pretty studio working on some upcoming posts and projects for y’all. It’s times like these that I wish we had a studio cat. We couldn’t name her Colette but maybe Coco would work. While Sarai and I have talked about having one around, it’s not very likely as there are too many hazards for a kitty (pesky sewing pins and fluffs of threads on the floor). When Sarai leaves for vacation I always draw a picture of an imaginary studio cat and leave it on her desk. If we can’t have a real one, a drawn one will do.
I found some fun links for you this week and I couldn’t help but add one kitty related link!
- If you’re feeling inspired from our lace inserts post, check out Aya’s tutorial on adding pretty lace to a cardigan
- The details on this embroidered sleeve are simply amazing
- Catnip heart toys are a fun way to use up your fabric scraps
- If you have a beautiful antique sewing machine this post will show you how to clean it properly
- The weather is getting warmer here in Portland and this milkshake looks absolutely delicious and a perfect warm day treat
Do you have any special plans this weekend? I’ve got to work on my spring palette, I’ve fallen behind since I’ve been spending more time gardening than sewing. Hopefully I’ll have something to share with you next week. Have a great weekend!