Welcome to the Spring Palette Challenge, a 10 week challenge for creating a mini seasonal wardrobe based around your favorite color palette for Sring 2011!
The idea is very simple. You choose an inspiring palette for Spring, then you sew a tiny wardrobe based on that palette. You choose the color palette, the number of colors, and the pieces you sew. The palette can be based around fabrics you already have (so you can use what you have), or you can do something new. The challenge will be 10 weeks long (now through the end of March). Here’s how we’ll structure it:
- Week One: Define your challenge. Gather inspiration, make inspiration boards, review fabric choices, pick your palette, and decide how many garments you’d like to sew from the palette.
- Week Two: Plan your projects. Choose your patterns, sketch out your ideas, and make a plan.
- Weeks Three through Ten: Sew! Make your mini Spring wardrobe, and share your progress with everyone else.
Doesn’t that sound like fun?
And here is the best part: to celebrate this challenge, I’m also launching a brand new feature on our site that will help us all share: The Colette Patterns Forum! The forum will give each of you a way to share your inspiration, your ideas, and your progress. I am super excited about it.
And of course, the forum will also give you a place to discuss sewing in general, working on Colette Patterns, or other sewing challenges that come up. Read more about the forum in the Forum intro post.
If you’d like to join the challenge, I have three cute and springy buttons you can use, if you’d like to add them to your own blog. Just choose your favorite, and cut and paste the code below to your own blog or sidebar.
1. Phase One: Design Your Challenge
2. Sarai’s Spring Palette
3. Guest Palettes
4. Phase Two: Plan Your Projects
5. Week three: Time to sew!
6. Week Four: The yellow Violet blouse
7. Week Five: The eyelet dress
8. Week Nine: The daisy dress
9. Week Ten: Final wrap up!