Recently, I was talking fabric with someone who runs a small fabric company. They produce prints mostly for the quilting and home decor market, but were curious about what garment sewists in particular look for when it comes to prints.
I thought I’d open it up to you guys: What are your favorite kinds of prints to sew with? Some things to think about:
- Do you prefer large scale or small scale prints for your clothing?
- What kinds of prints do you go for? Stripes, florals, plaids, dots, conversation prints, geometrics, etc?
- Do you like bright and busy prints, or do you look for more subdued prints?
- Do you like bold colors or muted or pale colors?
- Are the prints you buy different from the prints you actually wear? i.e., Are you attracted to prints at the fabric store that you don’t actually have a way to fit into your wardrobe?
- What do you think is hard to find out there?
- What do you look for?
Tomorrow, Caitlin and I will share some of our own favorites. But I wanted to get your thoughts first!
Fabrics: Tree Shadows Silk, Wavy Lines Linen, Silk/Cotton Polka Dots, Chevron Voile, Blue Floral Voile, Liberty of London Lawn, Floral Rayon, Yellow Floral Silk, 70s Floral Rayon, Black & White Floral Rayon
Some related posts you may be interested in: