This is a fun time.
We’re gearing up for our Fall photo shoot next week. Caitlin’s made all the samples and has been running around picking up accessories, like the cute red peep toes above.
I must admit, I feel a little sad for the model. We’ve got Fall clothes for her to wear, we’re shooting outdoors, and it’s been approaching 100 degrees almost every day. Ouch.
It’s also a fun time because I’ve been sketching the next collection. Thank you all so much for your suggestions last week, I definitely take those to heart. I’ve been pouring over visual inspiration and doing lots of rough sketches, and I think I’m almost there.
This is really the most creative time in the production process. I love generating ideas, thinking about what you all want, refining and improving.
It’s also sort of interesting to be at the end of one collection and already working on the next. It reminds me how much hard work it is, but also makes me even more excited to release the new patterns in a few weeks. I’ve been working on the Fall patterns so long that having something new to concentrate on has sort of refreshed my perspective. Plus, I know you guys are really going to love them.
Have a fantastic weekend, and enjoy these great links Casey found:
- In the market for a dressform to add to your sewing tool chest? Be sure to read this post first.
- What a neat look into the past and what a young lady would wear through the pages of this 1932 scrapbook.
- Another (crafty) option for a portable ironing board.
- A few tips on hemming a curved edge by machine.
- Have you ever taken a look through the Pattern School blog? Lots of interesting information!
- Sheer, filmy fabrics can be quite tricky to cleanly hem, but here is an easy way to do it.
- Don’t have quite the “right” sewing tool? Improvise!
- An amazing architectural tuck you can create using this how-to from Threads Magazine.
- Something to create in the kitchen: easy and yummy summer tarts.