The weeks before the holidays always seem funny. Everything feels in upheaval as we decompress from the recent launch, start making plans for future projects, and tentatively pick up everything we’d dropped.
After a big project or event, do you ever feel strange that you’re NOT going crazy any more?
I think this is a good time to step back and remember to treat yourself well. Working hard has its time and place, but so does knitting, sleeping, baking, and kitty-snuggling. I plan to do all of these this weekend.
I hope you all have time to breathe as you prepare for the holiday season. Here are a few finds for the week:
- The Cutting Class shows us how to work out patterns for complex details.
- This Chloe blouse makes me want to make a color blocked Sorbetto.
- If you’re looking for handmade gifts, I just discovered Madesmith, featuring handmade products and their makers (via Miss Moss)
- Make some cute DIY felt napkin rings for your Thanksgiving table.
- DIY embossed velvet place cards on design sponge. I think these would make even better gift tags.
- Novita has made yet another swoon-worthy lingerie set Polka dots!.
- Speaking of undies, I recently bought this handmade set for lounging and I love it! Nice light support for wearing under pajamas or with a sweater and leggings.
- I’ve been sick for about two weeks, and now Kenn has caught it. So I’ve been making these clementine creamsicle smoothies to heal us both. So delicious.
- Some of you asked how I removed the bust dart for my knit Laurel. I updated the post with a photo.
- Peter of Male Pattern Boldness was nice enough to interview me for his always wonderful and entertaining blog.
- Caroline of Sew Caroline fame made a gorgeous ikat Zinnia.
Have a great weekend, friends!